Just creating some chatter.............

Trip reports and upcoming events go here

Moderators: Tom, dawn

Just creating some chatter.............

Postby Laurie » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:51 pm

Things seem to be awfully quiet on this site since our NH gathering in June, so I thought I would throw out a few thoughts on behalf of our NY breweries:

A hike of the Blackheads in 90 degree weather caused us to stop by Cave Mt on our way home and they never disappoint. Had to fuel our thirst and enjoy some great food and take home 2 growlers - as always, the IPA's rock the house there and ours for a couple of days as well!

A trip to Newburgh for trivia night this week, has an amazing Imperial Stout on along with so many other brews - this place is constantly offering something new! And we got a free beer for winning a round of trivia!

And when we heard our friends from NH were in town to bag their first Catskill peaks - well we took them off to the Dutch Ale House in Saugerties for a sample of their porter, quite frankly I thought it was a bit watered down tasting, but they had some grand guest taps to choose from and we had a delightful evening walk out to the lighthouse and a trip to the beer store there - growlers of Youngs Double Chocolate and Dales Pale Ale came home.

So, yes the beer scene in New York continues to be awesome! Just to compare though, we shall visit our neighbor Vermont on Friday for a glance at their beers - ie the Vermont Brewers Festival - we'll report back on that as well!
Laurie
Laurie
Beer Goddess

Return to New York Trips and Events