Fiddlehead

Vermont Trip Reports and upcoming events go here

Moderators: Pamola, Vermont

Fiddlehead

Postby Bigfoot » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:36 pm

It was time to do another View and Brew. We went to Burlington to see the Joffre Ballet. Before I go further about views and brews let me tell you I have a passion for the ballet. I had to go to the ballet while in college and did not want to go. A friend said I should watch it as an athletic event. I have loved it ever since that evening. Their performance at the Flynn Theater was breathtaking.

Anyway, we decided to do a View and Brew on Sunday. Three Needs is no brewing so we looked for an alternative we had no done. We decided on Fiddlehead. Since there is nothing listed for a hike we thought we would drive around the Shelbourne area and find one. We gave up. Then right in front of us was a sign for Laplatte Nature Park. It is one of those wonderful back yard gems. We hiked around and did not do all the trails. Every town should have one of these trail systems in their town. The best part is Fiddlehead is less than a mile away. I hereby submit Laplatte Nature Park as the easy hike for Fiddlehead.

I will send out the details of the Park to Tom and Laurie in another email.

The beer at Fiddlehead was good. Since it was St Paddy's day they were serving a very good Irish Stout. The other three on tap were also good but being Irish......

We went next door and enjoyed a good wood fired pizza along with our beer.

Time for an opinion....Fiddlehead has the potential to make some really good beer. As time goes by I believe they will mature into a very special Vt brewery.

Bigfoot
Bigfoot
Senior Viewer

Re: Fiddlehead

Postby Tom » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:14 am

Thx. Please do send hike details. I think we got a suggestion from the servers too.
Tom Rankin
Tom
Site Admin

Postby Laurie » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:20 pm

Great report! Thanks for the info on the Park.

We love Fiddlehead as well and wholeheartedly agree that they will be growing and doing great things in the near future!
Laurie
Laurie
Beer Goddess

Postby Bigfoot » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:52 pm

Lets see if I can decipher my notes.

Laplatte Nature Park is a 125 acre park in Shelbourn, Vt. It is located along the LaPlatte River.

From Route 7 turn onto Falls Road by the Shelbourne Country Store. Travel past the Post Office. One of the parking areas is .5 miles from Route 7 on the left. All trails are very easy and really nice. I think there is probably a trail map online somewhere

After the hike turn left and go to Marsett Road. This is about 1/10th of a mile. Turn right and go to Route 7. Turn left at the lights and you will find Fiddlehead on the left in about 3/10ths of a mile. How convenient is that?

BigFoot
Bigfoot
Senior Viewer

Return to Vermont Trips and Events