Vermont, or NH, you decide!

Vermont Trip Reports and upcoming events go here

Moderators: Pamola, Vermont

Vermont, or NH, you decide!

Postby Tom » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:02 pm

Over the weekend we hiked in New Hampshire, 18 miles, 3 peaks, 6000' of elevation gain. So, the hiking part was covered. So did we hit a NH pub? NO! We went to Jasper Murdoch's with Pamola and Whichway. The beer was good, it's all probably been reviewed here before, except maybe for the special that Pamola ordered. Care to comment?

The food was GREAT! We each had an awesome burger and a cheese fondue kind of thing. It was to die for! We dipped everything in sight into this sauce! :D

The trip home was delayed by a false alarm next door, while the fire trucks blocked our cars. Water was pouring out of the place, I hope they were not too severely damaged! :eek:

To kill time, we shopped next door and bought 2 'More Brown Than Black' IPA's, made by the Alchemist / Ninkasi / Stone collaboration. It's $3.69 per bottle, but a damn fine IPA! :toast:
Tom Rankin
Tom
Site Admin

Re: Vermont, or NH, you decide!

Postby redshorts47 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:15 pm

i definitely appreciate the fact that a hike doesn't have to be in the same state in order for it to count. The cheese Fondue thing sounds great!
A fine beer may be judged with only one sip, but it's better to be thoroughly sure.
redshorts47
Pubcrawler

Postby Double Bow » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:39 am

Wanted to throw out there that Ten Penny Taproom in Montpelier has the More Brown than Black IPA on draft! If you haven't been there you MUST check it out. They have many impossible to find things on tap from Lawson's Liquids to Hill Farmstead to Six Point Brewing. Lat time I was there I had Dogfishead's Noble Rot, a wine/beer hybrid and also another company's cider/mead hybrid. Two blocks down is Bagitto's, a bagel/burrito place. Clearly, Montpelier is the home of original combinations!
"A man's not drunk if he can lay on the floor without holding on." -- Joe E. Lewis
Double Bow
Senior Viewer

Postby redshorts47 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:56 pm

You mean the three penny taproom? Went there a couple summers ago and they have a great selection like you said. I thought it was going to be more of a place to eat as well but the selection of beer was fabulous and that's what truly matters, right. :D

There's also a great beer bar in Syracuse if you ever go there. It's right across from Empire Brewing called The Blue Tusk. They have an outrageous amount of beers on tap an they also have some really good food as well
A fine beer may be judged with only one sip, but it's better to be thoroughly sure.
redshorts47
Pubcrawler

Postby Woolybear » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:03 pm

redshorts47 wrote:You mean the three penny taproom? Went there a couple summers ago and they have a great selection like you said. I thought it was going to be more of a place to eat as well but the selection of beer was fabulous and that's what truly matters, right. :D

There's also a great beer bar in Syracuse if you ever go there. It's right across from Empire Brewing called The Blue Tusk. They have an outrageous amount of beers on tap an they also have some really good food as well

Non brewpub beer bars hum. Redshorts47 you should take a trip on down the road to Mahars in Albany (there is one in Castlton but its smaller with less selection). They have a massive beer list that changes weekly (sometimes several times a week). Just beer prepared to stand there is little space.
PA - 4/30
Woolybear
Pubcrawler

Postby redshorts47 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:51 pm

Funny you mention that because my friend from college that lives in Albany just mentioned last night that he wanted to get together and go to either the Biergarten or Mahar's that he frequents a lot. Definitely will check out these places relatively soon.
redshorts47
Pubcrawler

Return to Vermont Trips and Events